Skype Me™!
Loading
 
Website Translation Widget  
Tell a Friend  
 

PROGRAMME FEE

When we initially volunteered in Ghana we realised that volunteering does not have to be expensive. PHIVOG offers volunteers a quality experience at an honest price

• Some philanthropic volunteers in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands have volunteered to pay for the cost involved in running the administration of PHIVOG.
• Our main office is located in Ghana and as such we don't have expensive operating costs.
• We don't drive expensive, fuel guzzling cars.
• Our marketing and website design & maintenance are all done in-house.
• To save us time and  money, we prefer to communicate with you by email cutting out the need for expensive call centres.

90% of your money is used to secure volunteer placements . The remaining 10% pays for administrative costs, such as bank fees, accountancy and legal fees
PHIVOG is a registered Non Governmental Organisation

WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO VOLUNTEER?

Prospective volunteers are surprised to learn that many programs charge their volunteers a fee to participate. At first, this seem ridiculous - Why should you pay money to work for free? Aren't you already forgoing income you could be making? Here are a few things to keep in mind while trying to understand why the vast majority of programs charge international volunteers a fee:

  • The local organisations and projects with which you volunteer overseas have limited resources and are seldom able to subsidize your trip or cover the costs of hosting you. (These costs include housing, feeding and transporting you, among numerous other things.) If they did have the financial resources to pay an international volunteer, it would almost certainly be more beneficial and cost-effective to hire a local person instead, someone who already knows the language and culture and is likely to stick around.
  • Identifying appropriate host organisations overseas and working with them is time-consuming, takes resources, and requires an experienced and professional staff.
  • The process of preparing, training, transporting, housing, feeding, and supervising volunteers is not cheap.
  • The costs of recruiting volunteers, producing literature, answering the phones, sending mailings, developing a website, and interviewing potential volunteers are significant.
  • Like all not-for-profit organizations that run international volunteer programs, PHIVOG programs are driven entirely by volunteers OR interns contributions.
    All short-term international volunteer programs have a program fee which covers the expenses of operating the program.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST VOLUNTEER ?

Unless otherwise stated on the individual placement pages, the following pricing structure will be maintained

Currency 4 weeks  Each addition week Deposit
British Pounds £ 490 £ 122 £ 300
US Dollars $ 700 $ 175 $ 500
Euros (approx) € 495 € 125 € 300

Payment of deposits are made upon arrival. Please note that the above deposit is included in the project fee and FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN THREE DAYS OF ARRIVAL.

WHAT IS INCLUDE IN PROJECT FEE?
• Accommodation and meal
• Welcome pack(orientation)
• In-country introduction to life in Ghana and one day tour in the capital city and introducing you to the place of placement / volunteering
• Airport pick-up & drop-off
• 24/7 Emergency support

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED

• Flights & Visa
• Vaccinations (please speak to your local GP)
• Insurance (required)

CONTACT US | APPLY

OUR PARTNERS
FOLLOW US ON
HOME | GALLERY | VOLUNTEERING | GAP YEAR | FUND-RAISING | INTERNSHIP |FAQ | APPLY | ABOUT-US | CAREER BREAK | CONTACT US | PRICING | TOURISM | VISA INFO | COUNTRY INFO | CUSTOMIZE-PLACEMENT | OUR PROJECTS | TEACHING | OUR PRINCIPLES | PARTNERSHIP | SUPPORT ORPHANS | OUR LOGO | HOSTING | ACCOMODATION | EMAIL US | SKYPE US | CALL US | SUMMER BREAK | OUR-AIMS | OUR OBJECTIVES | OUR MISSION | BACKGROUD VIDEOS | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY POLICY | DISCLAIMER | COPY RIGHT |

© 2009 Philanthropic Volunteers of Ghana (PHIVOG). All right reserved Accredited Organization.Registration number No. G-28-189 of the conpanies code 1963, Republic of Ghana, West Africa.

Designed and hosted by :
Pivotal Web Ghana.